Journey to the Center of the Almond …aka Almond Milk
Cook: 10 min
Servings: 2 cups
1/2 cup of almonds
2 cups of water (+ more for soaking)
dash of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract (get the real stuff, check ingredients for additives, especially NO corn syrup)
1 tbsp of coconut nectar (great sugar replacement that is a lot healthier than agave)
cheese cloth or nut milk bag
**gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain free
1. Soak (1/2 cup) almonds overnight in a bowl of water.
** You can soak anywhere from 6-12 hours. Make sure to cover the almonds with extra water.
2. Drain and rinse soaked almonds.
3. In a blender, add the almonds, (2 cups) water, (a dash) cinnamon, (1 tsp) vanilla extract, and (1 tbsp) coconut nectar.
4. Blend for a few minutes (quick dance break!!!)
5. Slowly pour blended liquid into a cheese cloth covered bowl (or other container – pitchers work great).
6. Pull the sides of the cheese cloth while you twist + squeeze to drain all of the milk out (this is the trickiest step, so go slowly).
Click to download the designed PDF version of this recipe