Purple Cabbage Eater
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
2 tbs of coconut oil (great for autoimmune disorders – buy unrefined)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 inch of ginger
1/2 head of red cabbage
2 tbs of coconut aminos (tasty replacement for soy sauce)
1 lb of beef (don’t skimp on quality meat! – buy organic, lean, grass fed)
1 green bell pepper
(sweet bell peppers are part of the “dirty dozen” – buy only organic)
1 yellow or red bell pepper
8 oz can of water chestnuts
1/4 tsp of chili powder
(season to taste)
1/4 tsp sea salt
**gluten free, dairy free, soy free, sugar free, grain free
1. In a wok or deep dish frying pan, sauté the scallions (6 stems, slivered), garlic (1 clove, minced), and ginger (1/2 inch, grated) in coconut oil (2 tbs) until they become soft.
2. Add the cabbage (1/2 head, chopped) and coconut aminos sauce (2 tbs).
**The key is to keep the pan covered, use medium to medium low heat, and stir occasionally (it’s too hot if the oil is spitting or smoking).
3. When the cabbage begins to soften, add the beef (1 lb, slivered into bite-sized pieces).
4. Once the beef is browned, add the bell peppers (2 peppers, chopped – try mixing colors, green, red or yellow).
5. Add the chili powder (1/4 tsp to taste) and sea salt (1/4 tsp to taste).
6. When the peppers begin to soften, add the water chestnuts (8oz can, rinsed and drained).
7. Cover for a few minutes until the water chestnuts become warm.
8. Enjoy (and throw in a little dance)!
Click to download the designed PDF version of this recipe